We’re obsessed with the salty, herby, sweet, and slightly sour combination of whipped feta and roasted strawberries! And yes, you read that right–not whipped cream, but whipped feta. Feta is delicious – oh so delicious – but it can be a pain. It’s crumbly and tends to fall off of its intended vessel. Think about what happens when you try to grab that chunk of feta in your salad. How many little tiny pieces do you end up with before you give up or use a finger or two to get the last little bit in your mouth?
Whipped feta solves that problem! It’s the flavors of feta in a wonderful spreadable form! And it’s so easy to make, there’s no excuse not to have a bit in your fridge for easy appetizers or even a lunch or two!
And we’re equally obsessed with strawberries roasted with balsamic vinegar. Roasting strawberries brings out their sweetness and makes them super juicy! Balsamic vinegar just brings an extra layer of deliciousness with added notes of richness.
Combining the two – whipped feta with a bit of herbs and roasted strawberries with balsamic – creates a dish that you and your guests won’t soon forget!
With only 9 ingredients, this make-ahead recipe is one you’ll think of creating for every spring celebration, or anytime you have fresh strawberries!
- Fresh strawberries. Either slightly under-ripe or overripe berries work well in this recipe.
- Balsamic Vinegar. We love traditional balsamic vinegar, but our strawberry balsamic is also a great choice.
- Feta Cheese
- Greek Yogurt
- Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Tellicherry Pepper
- Sliced baguette. We love using sourdough.
How to Roast Strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- While your oven preheats, wash, dry, stem, and core your strawberries. Slice berries in half.
- Toss the berries with balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Spread berries on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place in the preheated oven. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Allow berries to cool down before chilling. Or serve warm over ice cream, oatmeal, or brownies. Make sure to use or chill the syrupy liquid from the berries.
The strawberries and whipped feta can be served as a dip with toasted crostinis. Or they are beautiful presented as bruschetta.
Whipped Feta with Roasted Balsamic Strawberries
Whipped Feta with Roasted Balsamic Strawberries Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
While your oven preheats, wash, dry, stem, and core your strawberries. Slice berries in half.
Toss the berries with balsamic vinegar and honey.
Spread berries on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Place in the preheated oven. Roast for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and grind Tellicherry Pepper over the berries.
If making ahead, allow berries to cool down before chilling.
While the berries roast, make the whipped feta. In a food processor, combine the feta cheese, greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and basil.
Slice the baguette. Brush olive oil over each slice of bread. Toast under the broiler until brown and golden.
Serve as a dip or as bruschetta.